This list contains links to some institutions and resources that may be helpful in researching baseball in the bay area.
- Oakland Public Library‘s Oakland History Room offers a wealth of resources for local research.
- California Historical Society‘s Dick Dobbins Collection includes materials pertaining mainly to the Pacific Coast League (PCL), and the teams that comprise the league.
- Society of California Pioneers features very early California history and has also hosted several baseball history exhibitions, including one on the San Francisco Seals (through Spring 2010)
- San Francisco Public Library offers two valuable resources:
- Hispanic Heritage Baseball Museum – Founded in 1999, and located in San Francisco, the museum is dedicated to preserving the rich history of Hispanic baseball players.
- Pacific Coast League Historical Society – Learn about the history of the Pacific Coast League
- San Francisco Seals – Find out everything you wanted to know about the PCL’s San Francisco Seals